Grid United is a mission driven company aiming to solve the largest barrier to a cleaner grid by developing new long haul transmission lines in the United States. The company’s team is currently identifying and studying prospective projects and recruiting a Communications Director who will be responsible for assisting key efforts.
Grid United is attempting to solve really hard, critical, and timely problems. This is going to be a challenging and rewarding job.
Grid United is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and is building an outstanding team founded on the belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives lead to superior outcomes.
- Drive local-market public relations strategy for our projects; respond to inquiries and help tell our story to all relevant stakeholders
- Support government affairs efforts
- Identify need for and manage external consultants to support external communications
- Identify and help develop plans to engage with national environmental and local organizations to build relationships in communities and regions where our projects are located
- Create digital and physical collateral creation for projects
- Interface with trade associations on local and national permitting issues
- Develop and maintain digital marketing channels (microsites, social media campaigns) in support of project development
- 5-8 years of experience in advocacy communications, government affairs, public affairs and/or corporate communications in the renewable energy industry or linear infrastructure projects
- Self-starter, ability to foresee challenges ahead and tackle issues proactively
- Ability and desire to travel for site visits, community information events and meetings with local officials as needed
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in written materials
- Team player – great interpersonal skills with the ability to gain buy-in from other stakeholders
- Solutions-oriented with a drive to collaboratively get things done
- Ability to work well in a small, nonhierarchical team-oriented organization
- Committed to learning and growing with the team
- Familiarity with electrical transmission, HVDC technology, and the power industry
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off
(Please note that we are building a multi-skilled company and are not particularly open to employees working remotely.)