Grid United is aiming to address a large barrier to a more reliable and cleaner grid by developing long distance transmission lines in the United States. The organization is backed by patient capital and led by experienced energy veterans. Grid United is in fast-growth stage, has created a purpose-built team of motivated and entrepreneurial talent, and is looking to expand with a financial analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to help Grid United create analyses and key presentations to guide the company’s growth and strategy. This role would allow extensive connectivity to senior management and report to the Chief Financial Officer.
The position is based with the team in Houston, TX. Grid United has a one-day/week Work from Home policy and is excited to expand the team.
- Responsible for leading and maintaining the corporate financial model including projections and modeling various financing and commercial arrangements
- Responsible for leading and creating the financial modeling for project-level forecasting, including calculating project valuations and returns, and associated sensitivity analyses
- Responsible for conducting deep due diligence for potential acquisitions, including thorough market analyses, transaction structuring and valuation analyses
- Lead preparation of investment presentations and memos regarding new investment opportunities and will have the opportunity to participate in management discussions around potential investments and strategic imperatives
- Lead analyses of potential partnerships or other commercial arrangements and lead the preparation of associated presentations for management and for external partners
- Liaison with external partners in current and future partnerships to collaborate on financial and commercial endeavors
- Use creativity and ambition to continue the value-added growth of Grid United
- Bachelor’s degree highlighting a record of success
- Minimum 2+ years prior work experience in a related financial, energy, banking, consulting, portfolio management, asset management, accounting, and/or project management role. Also open to Teach for America, Peace Corps and similar experiences
- Very strong quantitative skills and deep modeling experience or passion to learn it
- A passion for collaborative, team-based work with a hands-on entrepreneurial approach to investing and business growth
- Strong ambition to learn the cutting edge of the power industry and transmission development
- Excitement to expand one’s skillset and work closely with management to teach and learn new analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task efficiently with constant regard for accuracy and attention to detail
- Detail-oriented work style with an ability to work in a high-pressure environment without sacrificing quality
- Hard work ethic, persistence, and an ability to quickly grasp and understand new concepts including financial and legal structures
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- The position has competitive compensation
- Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off
Diversity is a core value at Grid United. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all team members. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
If you are interested in the financial analyst position, please submit your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.