Grid United is a mission driven company aiming to solve the largest barrier to a more reliable and cleaner grid by developing new, long-haul transmission lines in North America. Grid United is in fast-growth stage, has created a purpose-built team of motivated and entrepreneurial talent, and is looking for summer interns. The company welcomes rising college junior, seniors and graduate students to apply.
Students can expect to gain experience in the numerous facets of project planning and execution. Grid United structures its internship program to give exposure to diverse career paths in transmission development.
- Participate in identifying development prospects, including market assessments and fatal flaw identification.
- Record meeting minutes
- Track action items
- Coordinate input to stakeholder questions
- Perform research on various project questions
- Track/file documents required for due diligence
- Cost reporting by budget classification, analyze cost variances, follow up on close out
- Arrange and coordinate travel logistics for project kickoff and open houses
- Help prepare materials for meetings with utility customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the efforts to obtain local, state and Federal approvals.
- Assist in the development of project budgets and schedules and presentation materials.
- Rising college junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a BS or BA from an accredited college program. Or pursuing advanced degrees.
- Interest in the renewable and clean energy industry or transmission line development.
- Interest in understanding the development processes for renewable energy projects and/or linear infrastructure.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet frequently changing deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Sharepoint and file management, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a small, nonhierarchical organization collaboratively.
- Ability to travel on short notice as necessary.
- Financial management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow complex directions
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills
Location: Houston, Texas
Full-time, temporary: 40 hours per week for 10 weeks
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience