Embark on an Exciting Journey as our Director of HVDC Engineering at Grid United!
Grid United, a mission-driven company committed to revolutionizing the energy landscape, is on a quest to address the largest barrier to a cleaner and more reliable grid by developing groundbreaking long-haul transmission lines in the United States. Backed by patient capital and led by experienced energy veterans, Grid United is expanding its purpose-built team of motivated and entrepreneurial talent and is now seeking a visionary Director of HVDC Engineering to join our dynamic leadership. This is your chance to play a pivotal role in managing the design of high-voltage direct current projects, shaping the future of energy transmission.
Why Join Us:
- Mission-Driven Culture: Be part of a mission-driven company working towards a cleaner and more reliable grid.
- Expert Leadership: Work alongside experienced energy veterans and contribute to the growth of a purpose-built team.
- Innovative Projects: Manage design activities for cutting-edge high-voltage direct current projects, staying at the forefront of the power industry.
- Collaborative Environment: Join a collaborative, team-based work culture with a hands-on entrepreneurial approach to project development.
- Strategic Project Management: Manage and coordinate external engineering consultants and HVDC OEMs during front-end engineering design and execution stages to ensure optimal and feasible system design.
- Technical Excellence: Review detailed design submittals and studies, ensuring compliance with technical standards, permitting requirements, and project needs, proposing optimization opportunities.
- Conceptual Design: Develop conceptual system designs and drive HVDC configuration selection.
- Documentation: Prepare specifications, scopes of work, and technical contractual documents.
- Project Support: Provide technical support for project development activities such as permitting, stakeholder engagement, and scheduling.
- Grid Integration: Coordinate with RTO and utility staff on the grid integration of Grid United’s HVDC projects.
- Industry Representation: Represent GU in various HVDC-related working groups to advance industry understanding of HVDC and enhance GU’s portfolio.
- Collaboration: Provide engineering support to other disciplines as needed for project development and risk mitigation.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with landowners, community members, and stakeholders to convey technical components of projects.
- Continuous Improvement: Propose and implement lessons learned to support continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering; advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience: 5+ years in HVDC engineering, preferably with experience working for an OEM.
- Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the overall design and construction process for HVDC projects.
- Passion for Learning: Strong ambition to learn the cutting edge of the power industry and transmission development.
- Organizational Skills: Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking efficiently with constant regard for accuracy and quality.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills, including conveying technical information to various stakeholders.
- Competitive base compensation and annual organizational bonus.
- Company-wide inclusion in Long-Term Incentive Program (equity). We are all owners of this business.
- All standard benefits effective from day one, immediately vested in all 401(k) contributions, company contributes even if you don’t.
- Opportunities to be involved in interesting work that will make a meaningful contribution.
Join us and be a driving force in reshaping the future of energy transmission!
Grid United is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Grid United is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please let us know.