Grid United is aiming to solve the largest barrier to a more reliable and cleaner grid by developing new long haul transmission lines in the United States. The organization is backed by patient capital. Grid United is in fast-growth stage, has created a purpose-built team of motivated and entrepreneurial talent, and is looking to expand with junior developers/project managers. The Project Manager position is in Houston, TX. Grid United will soon relocate to downtown Houston, and has a one-day/week work from home policy in order to support and attract the best talent. This role reports to a Development Director.
Please apply if you possess 70% or more of the required skills described below.
- Participate in market assessments, economic value analysis
- Work with a team of diverse experts to understand the drivers of a well-located transmission project (e.g. market drivers, policy, environmental constraints, etc.).
- Support discussions with utility customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders.
- Gain trust and understanding to explain benefits of projects to host communities.
- Assist efforts to obtain local, state and Federal approvals.
- Project budgeting and scheduling.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules.
- Manage and engage with internal and external support/team members (e.g. communication experts, permitting experts, etc.).
- Manage internal and external reporting and processes supporting project development
- Identify risks, create, and implement mitigation strategies
- Coordinate logistics, budget, and schedules for stakeholder engagements
- Develop scope of work for diverse external team members
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program. Advanced degrees are helpful but not required.
- 3+ years’ work experience with a strong track record of success, preferred renewable and clean energy industry or pipeline or transmission line development sectors. We are very open to candidates with Peace Corps, and veteran or other public service experience.
- Strong willingness to learn the development processes for renewable energy projects and/or linear infrastructure.
- Articulate speaker with the ability to lead public presentations.
- Deep curiosity for all functional areas of development including commercialization, engineering, economic development, US state and federal regulations and commissions
- Strong organizational skills, adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and project changes
- Ability to negotiate towards a long-term balanced outcome in the moment
- Strong computer and data management skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a small, nonhierarchical organization collaboratively with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel on short notice as necessary.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task efficiently with constant regard for accuracy and quality
- Familiarity and basic proficiency with professional GIS systems and maps
- Proactive and open to embracing new challenges
- Positive, professional, and energetic team-oriented attitude
- The position has competitive compensation
- Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off
Diversity is a core value at Grid United. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all team members. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
If you are interested in the project manager position, please submit your resumé to email@example.com.