Grid United is aiming to address a large barrier to a more reliable and cleaner grid by developing long distance transmission lines in the United States. The organization is backed by patient capital and led by experienced energy veterans. Grid United is in a rapid-growth stage, has created a purpose-built team of motivated and entrepreneurial talent, and is looking to expand with an accounting professional who can assist the Controller . This is an exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and contribute to the overall mission of the organization while helping to build a world-class accounting department.
The position is based with the team in Houston, TX. Grid United has a one-day/week Work from Home policy and is excited to expand the team.
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) for dissemination to partners, creditors, investors or regulatory entities
- Maintains the General Ledger through journal entry preparation and review, and account reconciliations
- Assists with the annual financial audit by preparing audit memoranda and various schedules
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly budgets and monthly variance analysis
- Communicates financial results and insights to internal stakeholders and management
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement in financial reporting and implements changes to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Stays abreast of new accounting pronouncements, standards updates, and regulatory changes
- Maintains detailed documentation of financial transactions and reporting processes
- Bachelor’s degree highlighting a record of success
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience (Big Four or regional audit firm experience preferred) with exposure to FERC reporting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, CPA preferred
- A passion for collaborative, team-based work with a hands-on entrepreneurial approach to all assigned duties
- Strong ambition to learn the cutting edge of the power industry and transmission development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task efficiently with constant regard for accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products (Excel, PowerPoint) and Concur expense reporting software, and NetSuite (or similar ERP)
- The position has competitive compensation
- Inclusion in the Long-Term Incentive Program (equity)
- Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off
Diversity is a core value at Grid United. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all team members. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.