Please apply if you possess 70% or more of the required skills described below
Grid United is a mission driven company aiming to solve the largest barrier to a more reliable and cleaner grid by developing new long haul transmission lines in the United States. The organization is backed by patient capital and will remain small and nimble. The company’s team is currently identifying and studying prospective projects, and recruiting developers who will be responsible for project execution. Project execution includes managing the landowner relationships, permitting, due diligence, clearing hurdles, working with in house specialists, managing stakeholder relationships and supervising external consultants.
- Participate in identifying development prospects, including market assessments and fatal flaw identification.
- Work with a team of diverse experts to understand the drivers of a well-located transmission project (e.g. market drivers, policy, environmental constraints, etc.).
- Lead discussions with utility customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders.
- Gain trust and understanding in order to explain benefits of projects to host communities.
- Lead efforts to obtain local, state and Federal approvals.
- Project budgeting and scheduling.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules.
- Hire, manage and engage with internal and external support/team members (e.g. communication experts, permitting experts, etc.).
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
(Please note that we are building a multi-skilled company and are not particularly open to employees working remotely)
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program. Advanced degrees are helpful but not required.
- 8+ years’ work experience in the renewable and clean energy industry or pipeline or transmission line development sectors with a strong track record of success.
- Solid understanding of the development processes for renewable energy projects and/or linear infrastructure.
- Articulate speaker with the ability to lead public presentations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet frequently changing deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to negotiate towards a long term balanced outcome in the moment
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a small, nonhierarchical organization collaboratively.
- Ability to travel on short notice as necessary.